Monday, November 29, 2010

Ruffled Felt Garland

I have a smaller tree in my dining room that I put my collection of silver christmas crosses on. This collection is precious to me and I haven't put it out in a few years but this year I really wanted too. So I picked up a 5ft skinny tree from the Christmas Tree Shop for $10. I started placing my crosses on it and it looked so bland. My goal this year is not to buy anything to decorate with (the tree was a birthday present to me so it doesn't count...lol)

I need garland for my big tree and found this idea over on Doing My Own Blog Thing and fell in love with it. I had some material that would work great. So it got me thinking...I need something that would POP. Digging through my fabric pile I came across some red felt.

I love making ruffles with fabric on my sewing machine, its fast and easy. I cut the felt into strips and ran them through and I am thrilled with the results. Just what my little tree needed.




( I give up trying to rotate this dang pics )

You can find alot of tutorials on making ruffles.
My cross collection is from Reed and Barton Silversmiths.

Happy Crafting

Linking Up To:


UndertheTableandDreaming






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...