Friday, July 20, 2012

Christmas in July - Pleated Paper Angel - Ornament #5

Yeah it's Friday
I did it.
5 Ornaments in 5 Days.
Ornament #5 was a tough one.
I was completely unsure what to do.
At 11pm last night it came to me.
(so much for going to bed)

My biggest goal for this was to use what I had on hand.
Not one thing was purchased to make any of the ornaments.

So here it goes.....
Presenting Ornament #5

Pleated Paper Angel


Ain't she sweet?


Supplies

Assorted Scrapbooking Paper
4" Paper Doilies
White Feathers
1 1/2" Paper Circle for face
1 1/2" Scallop punch for medallion
 Half round beads for eyes
Greenry for crown
Ribbon and/or Raffia
Glue, Scissors, Paper Punches


Cut paper to 3 1/2" x 12" strip and accordian fold
Staple approx. 3/4"- 1"
Glue to folded doily


Punch out (or cut) 1 1/2" circle for face
Glue onto top of stapled end


Glue on eyes and crown
Use a little bit of paint with a q-tip for blush
Glue on feathers to paper doilies
Glue on bow and medallion
Let dry.


Make one or make three
Use different papers and textures for different looks.
I am even thinking of stringing a bunch together for a garland.
And add letters to the front.
Peace, Joy, Love


This was fun.
I hope to be able to do it again.
I do hope you enjoyed my ideas.
And if you make some please send me a picture.

Happy Christmas in July !
Happy Crafting !

Hanging out with my Friends......



3 comments:

  1. These would definitely make a cute garland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH too cute. I am loving all the Christmas in July crafts floating around right now. If only it weren't 100 degrees outside, I would be throwing on some Christmas music :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg so adorable! I better get on it! Terry, MA

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...