Friday, January 7, 2011

Organized Challenge Day #6 - Improvised Dresser Drawers

This was a tough one, you see I do not own a dresser. Not a single one. Zip, Zilch, Nadda. We pretty much started over when we moved and bedroom furniture, excluding beds were not a priority and the funds just are there for them. I do have a big closet in my bedroom in which I stored everything. In baskets, in totes, hanging and yes all over the floor. I just haven't been able to contain everything that it would work for me. That is until today.......I made a dresser, well sort of a dresser. You know those cubbies, those 9 cube things you can pretty much get anywhere. I had one for the 4 year old toys, well she would always pull the bins out and dump things together. It was a losing battle with her. Now I took the first step in resolving that matter.


Baskets for the intimates
Tops all folded in categories
So Pretty !!!!!!!



And on the top I added a mirror (the closet has the best lighting in the bedroom, go figure)
 I used a piece of the 4 year old crib that I have been saving.
Attached it to the wall and used cup hooks to hold some of my favorite necklaces
Added a pretty tray, my perfumes and a picture frame.
Now I have a "dresser"
the best things is.......it was free to put this all together

Now I did not take a before picture of the closet, it was bad and I just dove in
But this is what the other end of the closet looks like
(me and the 4 year old share a closet)


Yes this is embarrassing....what a mess !!!!!
Would you believe I packed up 3 trash bags worth of things just from my side of the closet?

I do love my new little area and I hope I finally found something that works for me.






6 comments:

  1. wow talk about beautiful! you rocked this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks SO great! I love everything super organized. Nice work!

    <3, New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great transformation! It reminds me of something they'd whip up on one of those tv shows about redecorating your space. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very creative. Your "dresser" looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...