Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Handmade Holiday - Flannel Scarf

We see our Neighbors pretty much everyday.
The 5 year old and I see them when we walk to the bus stop.
Most of them are out walking their pets.
And of course the 5 year old needs to stop, chat and play.
A simple 8 minute walk can take up to 20 minutes
Now with Winter here some of the early morning do have a chill in them
Not like I am use to but there is that chill.
We put together small bags of doggie biscuits for her furry friends
And then I thought it would be nice to do something for the non-furry freinds.
I saw an idea over at See Kate Sew
I'll admit I stock her blog looking for sewing tips
And all it took was 1 yard of fabric.
She has a great Tutorial (for adults and kids)
This is my version.


I have been hoarding Flannel from JoAnn's
The brown and ivory damask made me swoon.
There is alot more than just plaid
But plaid would be wonderful too.


I added one of my Satin Flowers with some bling
I swear they were so easy to make probaly 30 minutes tops.
Probaly less if my sewing skills were better.


I kept this one for myself.
And it kept me toasty warm at the bus stop.
And my neighbor's have been walking around sporting them.
Keeping themselves toasty warm.
Maybe I should do a doggie version so they can match?

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I shared it with my readers for today's post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flannel is so pretty! Great job. Thank you so much for posting the link for me, I love seeing finished projects!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...