Thursday, December 6, 2012

Oh Deer, My Holiday Mantel 2012

Oh Deer.
There is a deer on my Mantel.
Actually there are a few deer on my Mantel.
Among other holiday touches.


I had some fun with this one.
I kept the upper shelf that I put up for my Fall Mantel
And I kept my dictionary page canvases.
I love these things, they break up all of the white I have.


My Inspiration was the deer head
The flat, unfinished wood deer silhouette from Michael's
He was on clearance for $1.49
I love these scrolly frames that they have too 
which I painted and distressed
for that pop of color.


Everything else just seemed to fall into place.


The Snowflake Banner was made just like my Patriotic Jute Banner
Glass Ornaments from Mom, White Glass from thrift stores , free greenery from Home Depot
Nutcracker from Joann's, Standing deer from Michael's


My Deer with a Glittery Red Nose


Now the 6 year old has begun singing
"Grandma got run over by a Reindeer"


Hanging out with my friends......

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kim, Had to stop by and see your reindeer since we both have such good taste! I love the red frame you used! Thanks for coming by the Better Half, today.

    Just wanted to let you know that we are giving away a Silhouette Cameo along with free ad space on the blog. Hope to see you back!

    http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/giveaway-and-the-humble-brag-link-party-10/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...