Monday, December 12, 2011

Believe Pennant Banner (Tutorial)

I wanted to make a banner for my kitchen.
I usually use paint chips.
But lets work outside the box this year.
Something different.
For me at least.
After making my "snowman" banner for my Mantel
I knew I could do it.

I picked up some Snuggle Flannel Fabric at JoAnn's
(it's on sale until Christmas for 60% off)


1. An 1/8 of a yard will be more than enough
2. Cut out your shapes, I chose pennants
3. I backed them with felt I had on hand, I cut the felt bigger than the flannel
4. Stitch them together by machine or by hand.
5. Trim the access felt and press with iron
6. Stitch (or glue) ribbon/trim across the top
7. Add letters, I used glitter chipboard letters that stick.
8. Hang up and enjoy.

Simple, Easy, and Cheap Inexpensive

UPDATE: I have had a few inquires from the prints that are on my shelf.
I got them from a wonderful blog called The Handmade Home
She has a bunch of FREE printables.
Just print and frame...Instant Art.


Hanging out with my friends......

Centsational Girl Holiday Craft Party


2 comments:

  1. Hi. I saw your project over at Centsational Girl. I love the banner. I am going to check out JoAnn's and see if they have that fabric. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Not sure how I came across your blog...but your banner is so cute. Just wondering if you made the prints on the shelf of the bowls and the scale? Would love something like that for my kitchen. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...